Big Data Engineer - Amstelveen...
The Netherlands - WestBack to overview
At a glance
Big Data Engineer
Change the face of the world with Big Data. At our client they combine deep business experience with cutting-edge data and analytics capabilities to provide their clients with new ground-breaking insights. They work with clients so that they become future-proof data driven companies. A dozen experienced data scientists tackle their clients’ most analytically demanding problems and research new technologies that will change face of the world.
Their team of data scientists are tech and analytics enthusiasts who go beyond merely applying smart algorithms on large data sets. They are pragmatic: where they use any platform, tool, or method that fits the case, and in fact build their own. Our client performs Big Data analyses for clients in a variety of sectors like retail, banking, insurance and health, and they develop their own Big Data related tools and products, such as an Hadoop based Data platform. By joining their team, you will:
- quickly get a lot of experience through diverse activities
- be expected as a technology and innovation driven personality who is keen to work with new technologies and platforms and take them to the next level in Data Science.
- learn about the latest Big Data technologies and will become a Data Specialist.
- initially be working with their experienced engineers and lead architects on some of their own products.
- alternate frequently between working for clients and creating their own products.
- work together with a diverse and global team and work on international projects.
Technically, you have:
- Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a comparable discipline.
- strong OO and programming skills in any of Java, Scala, Python, R, C/C++.
- experience with Software Engineering, Big Data, and Streaming.
- (possibly) an existing affinity with: Data Science, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Networking, Security, Encryption, RESTful interfaces and DevOps.
- experience with Big Data platforms and/or Streaming technology is greatly appreciated.
- skills and experience in Software Engineering, Infrastructure, Dockers, and Kubernetes
- flourish working with like-minded people, yet you can function autonomously.
- are excited about new technology and innovation.
- like to learn outside of your core activities in order to broaden your field of expertise.
- value great quality in your work and thinking ahead come natural to you while you stay pragmatic.
- are willing to work on client location and travel abroad.
- have or are willing to gain managerial skills and in time apply these.