Corporate Development Manager
The Netherlands - WestBack to overview
At a glance
Corporate Development Manager
Our client is about people as much as it is about technology. The company’s mission is to combine advanced data analytics and best-in-class technologies to yield clear insights that can be used to shape the future of healthcare and enhance its quality and affordability. Founded in 2008 by three Dutch entrepreneurs all of whom started out in the industry by running financial analyses for hospitals during their studies in Rotterdam. This company has since grown into a successful organization of 60 employees. As a frontrunner in healthcare analytics in the Netherlands, our client actively pursues opportunities abroad and has recently set up operations in Scandinavia, UK, France, Czech Republic and the Middle-East.
The role of Corporate Development Manager has been created specifically for the purpose of navigating the integration of the aforementioned merger with Ivbar and Prodacapo, and reinforce the company’s position as European market leader. In the future, the company will count more than 250 employees, 60 of whom are based in Amsterdam. The headquarters will be in Amsterdam, with other offices across Sweden, Finland, Norway, UK, France, Czech Republic and other locations in the Netherlands.
The Corporate Development Manager will be responsible for setting up and running the integration and synergy project office. He/she will monitor progress against goals on an ongoing basis and keep in close contact with other sectors of the business to help support and execute initiatives. The candidate’s daily responsibilities will include developing strategic business cases for proposed projects, reviewing and evaluating business synergies, and executing operational risk analyses. The Corporate Development Manager will report directly to the CEO, with whom he/she will also work closely.
This role is ideal for a strategy consultant looking to take the next step in his/her career. Similarly, someone with an extensive background in investment banking/private equity would also be a great fit. Knowledge of the healthcare industry is not a prerequisite; experience with tech (software) is a definite advantage. Successful candidates will have a thorough understanding of one or more core operational functions (e.g., Tech/IT, Product Development, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Marketing, and/or Sales) and will preferably have experience in navigating revenue-focused post-deal integrations.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in strategy consulting or private equity/investment banking
• MSc degree in a business- and/or quantitative-oriented study area (e.g. Finance, Economics, Engineering)
Proven experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
• Strong organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to easily switch focus between a micro and strategic level
• Ability to communicate well and to lead and motivate people on different organizational levels
• Strong C-level reporting and presentation skills
• Results oriented
• Self-starter with a can-do attitude
• Fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Willing to travel (approx. once per month)
What the company offers
• To help improve health care with advanced analytics and technology
• Project based, challenging, high impact work
• A fast paced, international environment, working in a young and ambitious team
• Step towards management position in a fast growing technology company
• Personal development and coaching of the CEO and senior management team