Junior Quantitative Trader - A...
The Netherlands - WestBack to overview
At a glance
Junior Quantitative Trader
What You Do
Our client is looking for a Quantitative Trader to join the Quantitative Trading team in their Amsterdam office. As a firm, they are at the intersection of scientific research, finance, and cutting edge technology. Financial markets have made a rapid shift from trading in the pit towards algorithmic trading, and the firm has developed into a FinTech company.
The new Quantitative Trader will be responsible for developing trading strategies from scratch. Therefore, they expect you to be innovative, analytical, hands on and have a winning mentality. You will come up with your own trading ideas who will be profitable for our client and you will receive the full support you need to develop this strategy. Thereafter, you will be monitor your own trading strategies in real-life to see how successful it is.
- Develop trading strategies from scratch (eg: relative value) for financial products;
- Apply AI and Machine learning techniques (e.g. deep neural networks);
- Manage your own trading book;
- Work in close collaboration with Software Developers, Quant Researches and Traders;
- Back-testing and optimize models.
What You need to Succeed
- University degree in engineering, physics, math, statistics, computer science (or similar) or PHD and a demonstrable interest in trading;
- Interest in Machine Learning Techniques and AI, experience is an advantage;
- Experience with a scientific programming language (C, C++, Python, JAVA, or similar);
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills;
- Ability to reason logically, deliver under pressure and take ownership;
- Ability to spot opportunities, innovative and creative;
- Competitive attitude, eager to learn, proactive and able to work in a team;
- Maximum of three years’ work experience;
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
Recruitment Process / onboarding
Our client does not expect you to have any trading knowledge upfront, they offer you an extensive onboarding program. Within two months, you will learn about the core business, the financial products they trade, and the mathematics required for pricing them. You will go through quantitative and trading classes given by senior Quants and Traders. Finally, you will finish your onboarding program with a co-project with Junior Traders.
Please contact Brian Geskus at 020 – 514 14 09, or send an email to b.geskus@vyeprofessionals.