Risk Manager - Amsterdam
The Netherlands - WestBack to overview
At a glance
Are you the Risk Process Optimization Manager we are looking for? Do you want to work for one of the world’s largest liquidity providers in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs)? Are you the type of person that strives for operational perfection? This might be the job for you!
The organisation is a principal trading firm and one of the world’s largest liquidity providers in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). The headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Cluj-Napoca, accommodate over 400 employees.
The non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. The company invests in talented and highly motivated people since they hold the key to success.
In this exciting role, a Risk Manager gains intimate knowledge of the company's core business by collaborating with key business units in Trading and Technology. Consequently, your insights and behavior towards the rest of the company contributes directly to safeguard business continuity within the company's risk management framework.
In addition, it is your task to use your knowledge to identify and implement improvements across the board in order to increase efficiency, realize cost reductions and improve the effectivity of employees. In this capacity, you are a part of the Risk and Mid-Office team, reporting directly to the Local Head of Risk and Middle Office.
- Identify and monitor sources of risk;
- Analyze current and future processes and identify areas that can be improved;
- Implement improvements in tools, processes, procedures in the Risk Management framework;
- Monitor key risk metrics and take action where necessary to prevent or resolve breaches;
- Communicate with internal and external parties, including prime brokers, traders, head of trading, local head of risk and mid office etc.
- 2+ years of work experience;
- Master’s degree Econometrics, Finance, or a more quantitative/technical background;
- Experience training juniors is highly advantageous;
- Experience with direct exposure to trading environments in financial markets is advantageous;
- High-level knowledge of Excel, SQL and VBA;
- Knowledge of other coding languages e.g. C#, C++, Python;
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to assess complex situations quickly without being affected by (time) pressure.
- A driven, eager and flexible personality;
- Decisive, assertive, proactive and persuasive;
- Ability to work independently and responsibly;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and able to take ownership;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
The organisation offers
This exciting position in a dynamic working environment offers many opportunities and an excellent compensation package. They believe in nurturing talent and provide continuous support. The organisation offers a competitive salary and reserve a large percentage of the business results in the bonus pool. You will receive 26 days of annual leave.
Interested of do you want to know more?
Please contact Brian Geskus at 020 – 514 14 09, or send an email to b.geskus@vyeprofessionals.